Gameplay is similar to that of Whack-A-Mole, but features alligators coming through the wall of the cabinet. The player must hit the incoming alligators with a foam mallet. The game becomes aggressively harder as the player hits more and more gators. If the player misses an alligator, a light will flash on a molded turtle on the cabinet. The player can lose points if the gators take too many hits on the turtle. The game ends when the time limit runs out, and tickets can emerge based on how many hits on the alligators.
Ports and Related ReleasesEdit
Gator Panic had a small electronic toy and a handheld minigame version released by Bandai in the 1990s in Japan. Gator Panic was remade into digital form and released on iOS, Nintendo DS (as an extra stage in Point Blank DS), and Wii (as part of Namco Museum Remix and Namco Museum Megamix). All re-releases were under the name Gator Panic.
- Cracky Crab (Kani Kani Panic) - A similar game released in 1991.
- Same Same Panic - 1994 game with sharks instead of alligators.
- Dino Bonk - 1995 game with dinosaurs replacing the alligators.
- Wani Wani Panic 2 - 1995 release.
- Wani Wani Panic RT - 2003 release.
- Wani Wani Panic 3 - 2007 release manufactered by Hope under Namco's license.