Ordyne (オーダイン Ōdain?) is a side-scrolling shooting game released by Namco in 1988 for arcade only in Japan, running on the Namco System 2 hardware. The game was ported onto the TurboGrafx-16 in 1989 in Japan and North America. The original arcade version was also released as part of Namco Museum Vol. 4 for PlayStation in 1996, and for the Wii Virtual Console in 2007 (arcade version, Japan only) and 2009 (TurboGrafx-16 version).
The genius scientist Dr. Tomari has invented an atomic conversion device named "Ordyne". He gave the boot device of Ordyne to his fiancée Kana as a pendant. A day before their wedding, the villainous Kubota kidnapped Kana to take Ordyne's key. To rescue his fiancée and recover Ordyne's key, Dr. Tomari and his assistant Sunday set out in small airships to fight against Kubota's evil forces.
- Dr. Yuichiro Tomari (泊 裕一郎) - The character controlled by player 1, a brilliant 27-year-old scientist who created Ordyne. This famed inventor is a heavy smoker and likes tuna spaghetti.
- Sunday Chin (サンデー 珍) - The character controlled by player 2, Dr. Tomari's Chinese assistant. His favorite food is ebi chili sauce. In the English TurboGrafx-16 version, he was renamed Felix Mockle in the manual, and has a different appearance, depicted as a blond male on the cover art.
- Kana Aihara (相原香奈) - Dr. Tomari's fiancée, a kindergarten teacher. Age unknown (mentally 21 years old). Her favorite food is pudding a la mode. In the TurboGrafx-16 version, there is a cheat code that, when entered on the title screen, allows the player to play as her. When entered successfully, her name appears with the logo.
- Kubota (クボタ) - The mysterious antagonist of unknown origin who wants Ordyne for his own evil purposes. His favorite food is gyōza. He is the final boss, where he pilots a large Mega-Jumper. After his defeat, the machine breaks down and he dies. In the English TurboGrafx-16 version's manual, he is described as the leader of an outer-space gang.
- Miyuki-chan (みゆきちゃん) - A sympathetic shopkeeper who appears with her flying shop in the stages.
- Dream Co., Ltd. - Five robots that appear once in stages 2 through 6 and give the player a chance to win items or crystals in a roulette.
- Pac-Man makes a cameo appearance in the game as the Stock Bomber Shot power-up.
- Sunday's change in appearance to Felix in the English TurboGrafx-16 version was likely done to avoid reinforcing negative stereotypes portrayed by Chinese-born stock characters to English audiences.
- The ship that Kana pilots is different between the arcade and TurboGrafx-16 versions; In the ending of the arcade version, she piloted a red ship with a different design than that of Dr. Tomari and Sunday's. In the TurboGrafx-16 version, she pilots an orange version of Dr. Tomari's ship.
- In the manual of the English TurboGrafx-16 version, Ordyne is described as a "colossal nuclear reactor" instead of an atomic conversion device in the original material.